Currently there is no public beta. Please download the official version from WordPress.org
This page makes available our latest beta version in between official releases.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A MILDLY TESTED BETA: This is a beta, which means we haven’t fully tested it. We know it fix certain issues, but it may introduce some others. You should only update to the beta version if you are comfortable manually updating and managing your site via FTP.
ISSUES WITH THE BETAS? If you have problems after updating to the latest beta, you can always roll back to an earlier version. Again, don’t uninstall. See our rollback guide. We would also appreciate if you would submit a bug report.
UPDATING FROM BETAS TO FINAL RELEASE: We are numbering/versioning these betas so that if you install them, when we do finally push out a public release, you’ll be able to auto-update from your WordPress dashboard like normal.
WHAT’S FIXED? Here is a list of fixes included latest beta that are not in the latest public official release. Again, to see what was included in other recent releases, see our blog announcements for the latest official release.
= V184.108.40.206 – 08.14.2014 =
* NEW: Added fault tolerance to bulk action AJAX requests
* Changed: Moved some settings from DB to in-memory
* Fixed: Compatibility with BuddyPress plugin in multisite environments
* Fixed: Ability to find static resources outside of WP_PLUGIN_DIR
* Fixed: Autoupdate conflict with Photocrati Theme
* Fixed: Workaround GoDaddy’s throttling of consecutive AJAX requests
* Fixed: Issue with settings manager in multisite enviroments
We recommend that you do a FULL backup of your site, database and server files before installing the beta.
HOW TO INSTALL? To install this beta:
- Download the latest beta and unzip it on your computer. You’ll get a nextgen-gallery folder.
- Deactivate NextGEN Gallery on your website (again, don’t uninstall, just deactivate please).
- Connect to your site via FTP (we suggest using Filezilla), and navigate to /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery
- Upload the new files from the nextgen-gallery folder on your computer (left-local) to the nextgen-gallery folder on your website (right-remote). If prompted, overwrite the existing files.
- Once the upload is complete, reactivate NextGEN Gallery.
IF YOU RUN NEXTGEN PRO: If you are using WPML or similar language conversion plugins, NextGEN Pro 2.0 will not work perfectly. We have a Pro beta available with an upcoming WPML patch, however it is a patch of version 1.0.17 which will not include Ecommerce. If you’d like this beta, please contact support with a request. Otherwise, NextGEN Pro 2.1 is due out soon with the WPML patch include.