This page makes available our latest beta version in between official releases.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A MILDLY TESTED BETA: This is a beta, which means we haven't fully tested it. We know it fix certain issues, but it may introduce some others. You should only update to the beta version if you are comfortable manually updating and managing your site via FTP.
ISSUES WITH THE BETAS? If you have problems after updating to the latest beta, you can always roll back to an earlier version. Again, don't uninstall. See our rollback guide. We would also appreciate if you would submit a bug report.
UPDATING FROM BETAS TO FINAL RELEASE: We are numbering/versioning these betas so that if you install them, when we do finally push out a public release, you'll be able to auto-update from your WordPress dashboard like normal.
WHAT'S FIXED? Here is a list of fixes included latest beta that are not in the latest public official release. Again, to see what was included in other recent releases, see our blog announcements for the latest official release.
= V220.127.116.11 - 01.21.2015 =
* Changed: Updated FontAwesome to 4.2.0
* Changed: Removed PicLens / CoolIris integration
* Changed: Removed JSON API. Please use XML-RPC API instead
* Changed: For performance reasons, we cache FS & url lookups/calculations
* Changed: Greatly reduced the # of sql queries, and eliminated anything redundant
* Changed: For performance reasons, we cache SQL queries
* Changed: Don't enqueue scripts or styles unless we require them
* Changed: Reduce the number of resources we enqueue for every HTTP request
* Changed: Insert Gallery Window is routed using wp-admin/admin_init
* Changed: Removed unused code from ngglegacy module. Created wrappers for commonly-used functions
* Fixed: TinyMCE Image Editor conflict with Insert Gallery Window placeholder images
* Fixed: Fix Shutter positioning when admin bar is displayed
* Fixed: Allow deselection of a legacy template
* Fixed: Prevent conflicts when using imagebrowser as a lightbox effect
* Fixed: "No input file" error on GoDaddy Linux-powered sharing hosting environments
* Fixed: Fixed problem with default settings being applied multiple times
* Fixed: Fallback to "full" image sizes if "backup" images aren't available
* Fixed: Use M_DataMapper's serialization methods throughout the codebase
* Fixed: Conflict with WordPress SEO and get_the_excerpt() call
* Fixed: Don't run Resource Manager on wp-login.php or wp-sign.php
* NEW: All lightboxes are configured using an in-memory management class.
* NEW: Uses Pope 2.0, benefiting from the new caching capabilities
* NEW: NextGEN Gallery's functionality is disabled if NextGEN Pro is incompatible
* Fixed: Shutter not working inside ATP
* Fixed: Importing images from the filesystem or zip didn't create backups
* Fixed: Pagination issues with slideshow galleries displayed as thumbnails
* Fixed: Uploading images with UTF8 filenames
* Fixed: Routing issues when the document root was "/"
* Fixed: mySQL error caused by attempting negative pagination
* Fixed: Pagination retains query string url parameters when creating links
* Fixed: Basic imagebrowser displayed images left-aligned in their container with TwentyFifteen
* Changed: altered build process that makes product.modulename.php files to write parent classes before their children
We recommend that you do a FULL backup of your site, database and server files before installing the beta.
HOW TO INSTALL? To install this beta:
- Download the latest beta and unzip it on your computer. You'll get a nextgen-gallery folder.
- Deactivate NextGEN Gallery on your website (again, don't uninstall, just deactivate please).
- Connect to your site via FTP (we suggest using Filezilla), and navigate to /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery
- Upload the new files from the nextgen-gallery folder on your computer (left-local) to the nextgen-gallery folder on your website (right-remote). If prompted, overwrite the existing files.
- Once the upload is complete, reactivate NextGEN Gallery.