This page makes available our latest beta version in between official releases.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A MILDLY TESTED BETA: This is a beta, which means we haven’t fully tested it. We know it fix certain issues, but it may introduce some others. You should only update to the beta version if you are comfortable manually updating and managing your site via FTP.
IMPORTANT: DON’T “UNINSTALL” NEXTGEN: As you update or rollback or change version, the one thing you do not want to do is click the “Uninstall” links to uninstall NextGEN. Uninstalling runs a process that removes all files, including all your galleries and images. You can deactivate, you can replace files, you can rename the NextGEN folder and upload new files. These are all safe and different from officially “Uninstalling” the plugin.
ISSUES WITH THE BETAS? If you have problems after updating to the latest beta, you can always roll back to an earlier version. Again, don’t uninstall. See our rollback guide. We would also appreciate if you would submit a bug report.
UPDATING FROM BETAS TO FINAL RELEASE: We are numbering/versioning these betas so that if you install them, when we do finally push out a public release, you’ll be able to auto-update from your WordPress dashboard like normal.
WHAT’S FIXED? Here is a list of fixes included latest beta that are not in the latest public official release. Again, to see what was included in other recent releases, see our blog announcements for the latest official release.
NextGEN Gallery 2.0.39 Beta
* NEW: Added the ability to apply lightbox effects to non-NGG images
* NEW: Added NGG_HIDE_STRICT_ERRORS constant. Define and set to TRUE to hide strict errors
* NEW: Added NEXTGEN_GALLERY_IMPORT_ROOT constant. Define and set to TRUE to browse from a custom directory
* NEW: Added NGG_DEBUG constant. Define and set to TRUE to display helpful messages for debugging
* NEW: Each custom table record will have an associated custom post record for expansion
* NEW: Display helpful error messages when there’s a problem uploading images
* NEW: Add data-(src|thumbnail|image-id|title|description) attribute to gallery image anchors
* NEW: Variant support for displayed gallery sources. Random images is limited to 5 variations
* Fixed: Excessive creation of transients for random galleries
* Fixed: Many issues prohibiting the ability to upload images
* Fixed: Ability to create albums and upload images in Vladimir’s Lightroom plugin
* Fixed: Sorting in the Attach to Post interface
* Fixed: HTML allowed in gallery/album descriptions
* Fixed: Requests for galleries within albums that have numeric names are broken
* Fixed: Call to a non-member function get() on WP_Query
* Fixed: Ability to sort by Image ID in the Attach to Post interface
* Fixed: Isolate the Attach to Post from implicit third-party script inclusion
* Fixed: Check for the existance of thumbnails when generating urls, and if missing, generate new ones
* Fixed: Compatibility with NextGEN Facebook OpenGraph+ plugin
* Fixed: Various XML-RPC issues
* Fixed: Widgets stylesheet not included
* Fixed: Issue with color not being pre-selected when previewing Watermark
* Fixed: E_NOTICE emitted when cleaning up cached image files
* Fixed: E_NOTICE emitted when viewing display type settings
* Fixed: Typo adjusting pcre.backtrack_limit for shortcodes
* Fixed: Content within the tabs of the Attach to Post interface cut-off
* Fixed: Routing problem which would cause conflicts with different display types on the same page
* Fixed: Broken Dynamic CSS links on GoDaddy
* Fixed: Ability to use HTML in gallery/album descriptions
* Fixed: Sub-album requests conflicting with paginated galleries on the same page
* Merged: Pull request from andreasE (https://bitbucket.org/photocrati/nextgen-gallery/pull-request/6/)
We recommend that you do a FULL backup of your site, database and server files before installing the beta.
HOW TO INSTALL? To install this beta:
- Download the latest beta and unzip it on your computer. You’ll get a nextgen-gallery folder.
- Deactivate NextGEN Gallery on your website (again, don’t uninstall, just deactivate please).
- Connect to your site via FTP (we suggest using Filezilla), and navigate to /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery
- Upload the new files from the nextgen-gallery folder on your computer (left-local) to the nextgen-gallery folder on your website (right-remote). If prompted, overwrite the existing files.
- Once the upload is complete, reactivate NextGEN Gallery.
DOWNLOAD THE LATEST BETA: NextGEN Gallery 2.0.40 was officially released on 11/26/2013
IF YOU RUN NEXTGEN PRO: If you also run NextGEN Pro on your website it is important to also update to the latest NextGEN Pro beta for compatibility. Here is the NextGEN Pro Beta page.
UPCOMING PUBLIC BETAS: To be notified of the next public beta, sign up for the NextGEN Gallery newsletter in the sidebar to the right. Simply enter your email address and click the “Sign Up” button.