This page makes available our latest beta version in between official releases.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A MILDLY TESTED BETA: This is a beta, which means we haven’t fully tested it. We know it fix certain issues, but it may introduce some others. You should only update to the beta version if you are comfortable manually updating and managing your site via FTP.
IMPORTANT: DON’T “UNINSTALL” NEXTGEN: As you update or rollback or change version, the one thing you do not want to do is click the “Uninstall” links to uninstall NextGEN. Uninstalling runs a process that removes all files, including all your galleries and images. You can deactivate, you can replace files, you can rename the NextGEN folder and upload new files. These are all safe and different from officially “Uninstalling” the plugin.
ISSUES WITH THE BETAS? If you have problems after updating to the latest beta, you can always roll back to an earlier version. Again, don’t uninstall. See our rollback guide. We would also appreciate if you would submit a bug report.
UPDATING FROM BETAS TO FINAL RELEASE: We are numbering/versioning these betas so that if you install them, when we do finally push out a public release, you’ll be able to auto-update from your WordPress dashboard like normal.
WHAT’S FIXED? Here is a list of fixes included latest beta that are not in the latest public official release. Again, to see what was included in other recent releases, see our blog announcements for the latest official release.
NextGEN Gallery 184.108.40.206 Beta
* Fixed: Reset jQuery to WP defaults when modified by a third-party
* Fixed: Compatibility with WP jQuery Lightbox plugin
* Fixed: Compatibility with Peekaboo theme
We recommend that you do a FULL backup of your site, database and server files before installing the beta.
HOW TO INSTALL? To install this beta:
- Download the latest beta and unzip it on your computer. You’ll get a nextgen-gallery folder.
- Deactivate NextGEN Gallery on your website (again, don’t uninstall, just deactivate please).
- Connect to your site via FTP (we suggest using Filezilla), and navigate to /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery
- Upload the new files from the nextgen-gallery folder on your computer (left-local) to the nextgen-gallery folder on your website (right-remote). If prompted, overwrite the existing files.
- Once the upload is complete, reactivate NextGEN Gallery.
IF YOU RUN NEXTGEN PRO: If you also run NextGEN Pro on your website it is important to also update to the latest NextGEN Pro beta for compatibility. Here is the NextGEN Pro Beta page.
UPCOMING PUBLIC BETAS: To be notified of the next public beta, sign up for the NextGEN Gallery newsletter in the sidebar to the right. Simply enter your email address and click the “Sign Up” button.