Download latest beta below. Or download the official version from WordPress.org
This page makes available our latest beta version in between official releases.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A MILDLY TESTED BETA: This is a beta, which means we haven't fully tested it. We know it fix certain issues, but it may introduce some others. You should only update to the beta version if you are comfortable manually updating and managing your site via FTP.
ISSUES WITH THE BETAS? If you have problems after updating to the latest beta, you can always roll back to an earlier version. Again, don't uninstall. See our rollback guide. We would also appreciate if you would submit a bug report.
UPDATING FROM BETAS TO FINAL RELEASE: We are numbering/versioning these betas so that if you install them, when we do finally push out a public release, you'll be able to auto-update from your WordPress dashboard like normal.
WHAT'S FIXED? Here is a list of fixes included latest beta that are not in the latest public official release. Again, to see what was included in other recent releases, see our blog announcements for the latest official release.
= V2.1.2 - 07.09.2015 =
* NEW: Ability to import from Media Library
* NEW: Added filter 'ngg_datamapper_table_name'
* NEW: Added filter
ngg_legacy_template_directories for legacy template locator (thanks Ross McKay)
* NEW: Pagination available onManage Images page
* NEW: Added filter ngg_manage_images_items_per_page_array to control pagination options
* NEW: Added filters 'ngg_load_frontend_logic' and 'ngg_get_modules_to_load'
* NEW: Added filter 'ngg_add_page_shortcode' to control Manage Galleries > 'Create new page' content
* NEW: Added filter 'ngg_manage_albums_items_order'
* Changed: Removed PHP4 support
* Fixed: Ability to set NextGEN Image as Featured Image
* Fixed: Don't use resource manager in download requests for WP Photo Shelter
* Fixed: Updated custom jQuery-UI styling to resemble WordPress postbox styling
* Fixed: Styled plupload buttons to resemble WordPress buttons
* Fixed: Removed 'fixed' class from manage galleries table. Allows columns to adjust to content
* Fixed: Removed note about flash support and fixed typoe (thanks Rene Wolf)
* Fixed: Fixed typo in nggallery.po
* Fixed: Cache results of lookup_columns() to avoid multiple identical queries; thanks go to Alex Bradaric
* Fixed: Better WP-CPI detection
* Fixed: Removed unnecessary calls to parent::initialize()
* Fixed: Adjusted album-compact template to always include p.ngg-album-gallery-image-counter
* Fixed: Replaced empty gallery rendering in is_feed() with a link
* Fixed: Removed default settings for imagerotator, which is no longer supported
* Fixed: Optimizated scanning of images when importing a gallery
* Fixed: When a gallery is deleted, ensure that DB and filesystem are purged
* Fixed: Removed Insert Gallery Window box shadow
* Fixed: Ensure that file_exists() calls are prefixed with @
We recommend that you do a FULL backup of your site, database and server files before installing the beta.
HOW TO INSTALL? To install this beta:
- Download the latest beta and unzip it on your computer. You'll get a nextgen-gallery folder.
- Deactivate NextGEN Gallery on your website (again, don't uninstall, just deactivate please).
- Connect to your site via FTP (we suggest using Filezilla), and navigate to /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery
- Upload the new files from the nextgen-gallery folder on your computer (left-local) to the nextgen-gallery folder on your website (right-remote). If prompted, overwrite the existing files.
- Once the upload is complete, reactivate NextGEN Gallery.
We Strongly Recommend Running Betas On Test/Staging Sites Only - NOT Live Sites
READY? DOWNLOAD THE LATEST BETA: NextGEN Gallery 2.1.2