We're in the process of re-writing and re-organizing NextGEN Gallery's documentation. If you discover broken links, or have suggestions for documentation, please contact us.
NextGEN Gallery Documentation
This is for NextGEN Gallery 2.0 and later.
- The Best WordPress Hosting For Creatives And Small Businesses
- Installing and Updating NextGEN Gallery
- Insert Gallery Window vs. Dashboard Interface
- NextGEN Gallery Shortcodes
BASIC GALLERY TYPES AND THEIR SETTINGS
- NextGEN Basic Slideshow Gallery
- NextGEN Basic Thumbnail Gallery
- NextGEN Imagebrowser Gallery
- NextGEN Singlepics
- NextGEN TagCloud
- NextGEN Templates
ADDING GALLERIES AND IMAGES
MANAGING IMAGES AND GALLERIES
- Gallery Settings Page
- Image Meta Data
- Editing/Creating New Thumbnails
- Resizing Images
- Rotating Images
- Excluding Images
- Copy to / Move to
- Recover From Backup
- Delete Images
- Albums vs Galleries
- Adding/Editing/Organizing Albums
- Compact Album & Settings
- Extended Album & Settings
- How to Link Gallery in Album to a Page
- Image Options
- Thumbnail Options
- Lightbox Effects
- NextGEN Plus & Pro Ecommerce Now Includes Image Protection
NextGEN Pro & Plus Documentation
PRO & PLUS GALLERY TYPES AND THEIR SETTINGS
- How to Install NextGEN Pro or NextGEN Plus
- NextGEN Pro Thumbnail Gallery
- NextGEN Pro Slideshow Gallery
- NextGEN Pro Filmstrip Gallery
- NextGEN Pro Film Gallery
- NextGEN Pro Blog Style Gallery
- NextGEN Pro Masonry
- NextGEN Pro List Album
- NextGEN Pro Grid Album
- NextGEN Pro Lightbox
- How to Update NextGEN Pro & NextGEN Plus
- How to Switch From NextGEN Plus to NextGEN Pro
- Ecommerce Overview
- Ecommerce Settings
- How to Create a Pricelist
- How to Add Ecommerce to a Gallery
- Ecommerce: Digital Downloads & Adding Your License Agreement
- How To Set Up A Proofing Gallery
- Where Do I Review Submitted Proofs?
- How to Turn On Image Protection
v1.9.x Help Documentation
- Advice On Backing Up, Security & Optimizing WordPress Performance
- NextGEN Gallery Features
- Your Portfolio Up And Running With NextGEN Gallery In 5 Minutes
- How To Submit Your NextGEN Gallery Bug
- NextGEN Gallery Thumbnails Cropped Your Way
- Use Image Metadata Within NextGEN Gallery
- Video Walkthrough of Sidebar Widgets in NextGEN Gallery
- NextGEN Gallery for iOS
- Tinydesk / NextGEN Gallery for iOS
- Legacy Shortcodes (Referring to v1.9.13 & older.)
- Displaying Galleries – Overview
- Demos of All NextGEN Gallery Types
Third-party companies are adding functionality to NextGEN Gallery and we have featured them here NextGEN Gallery Add-Ons.
CUSTOMIZATIONS & CSS
- Embed Everything But The Image (i.e. add Video/PDF to gallery)
- Storyboard Spice To NextGEN Gallery With MCP Actions
- Add Rounded Corners To Your Gallery Thumbnails
- Add Shadows To Your Gallery Thumbnails
- Fade Your Thumbnails On Hover
- Monochrome Thumbnails On Hover
- Working with Custom Fields
- How do I import images into NextGEN Gallery?
- How do I go back to an earlier version of NextGEN Gallery?
- How do I contact you for support? / Where is the NextGEN Gallery support forum?
- Where do I report bugs found in NextGEN Gallery?
- Where can I submit feature requests for NextGEN Gallery?
- What are the requirements to run NextGEN Gallery?
- What’s new in v2.0 of NextGEN Gallery?
- Does v2.0 of NextGEN Gallery still support shortcodes?
- Does v2.0 of NextGEN Gallery still support custom fields?
- What is being deprecated in v2.0 and newer versions of NextGEN?
- What are the common errors in NextGEN Gallery?
- What are the common hosting issues with NextGEN Gallery?
- Why am I unable to upload images in NextGEN Gallery?
- Will the free version of NextGEN Gallery ever include eCommerce?
- What is the difference between NextGEN Basic and NextGEN Pro?
- What are NextGEN Gallery custom templates and where can I find them?
- How do I change the CSS of NextGEN Gallery?
- Why are my galleries not opening up in a lightbox?
- How do I create a full backup of my site?
- What is the difference between Photocrati Theme and NextGen Pro/Plus?
- How to Set Up NextGEN Gallery With WPML
- How to Turn On Image Protection